Tuesday, June 17, 2008

An Adjustment

At the free steak dinner that I mentioned a few weeks ago I agreed to have an evaluation and doctor report with the chiropractor, so last week I had an exam and then Mike & I went to the doctor report last night. We decided that I would go through with the treatment that she recommended (my insurance pays for over 1/2). Like most people, I was skeptical at first thinking that they just want me to keep coming back (for business) but I do also understand the explanation of why it is important for your health to keep your spine in line not just have a one time fix to relieve the symptoms. Actually, it didn't take a lot of convincing because I have been thinking about going to a chiropractor for quite awhile. I knew that I probably needed an adjustment since I have neck and shoulder pain so often. (and I know it isn't good for me to try to "adjust" it myself and just massage it out - even though it really does help a lot it doesn't keep the pain from coming back). So, I went and had my first adjustment tonight...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is very true, a GOOD D.C. can be very benificial & I trust you find yours to be one. We nurses tend toward spinal trouble, even if we aren't already "born" with it.