Monday, June 30, 2008
Friday, June 27, 2008
- Turn old worn blue jeans or khakis into a book bag or pocket purse or lunch bag
- Mike and I made our own game of Yahtzee with an empty film container and 5 dice - you can print the scorecards here
- Make an airplane from a Styrofoam meat tray using this pattern or use the trays for a paint palate
- Make a bracelet out of an old toothbrush (honestly, I have my doubts on how this one would turn out)
- Soap pieces can be made into liquid soap as described here (as well as used in other cool ways)
- Stuff for kids and teachers ...from egg cartons to Altoids containers
- Make postcards out of your greeting cards - using these instructions
- According to Heloise...cola that has gone flat can be poured into the toilet bowl. If left to soak for an hour, it will clean the bowl...if you own a freshwater fish tank, instead of throwing out the water when cleaning, use it water the plants (as a fertilizer)...recycle pantyhose by making a ponytail holder or no-scratch scrubber...remove excess salt from soup or heated liquids by adding a sliced raw potato to absorb the salt (remove slices when they begin to soften if you don't want to eat them)...reuse spice bottles (fill with cinnamon sugar, store glitter for crafts, put embroidery thread in them and feed through the holes to prevent tangling, fill with flour to sprinkle on meat before frying
Those are just a few - there's a ton more out there...If you have any, please share!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
- Pray and tell God how you are feeling/your desires
- Read scripture (I recommend the book of Job, the story of Hannah in I Samuel, and the writings of Paul in the New Testament)
- Find a Christian you can talk to for encouragement
Two of my favorite songs are: "Blessed Be Your Name" and "Everlasting God". Both express the sovereignty of God and how awesome He is despite whether we are going through a time of abundance or suffering, and how, if we trust in Him, our time of "waiting" will strengthen us...
Paul learned to be content because he could see life from God's point of view:
Philippians 4:12 "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."
Friday, June 20, 2008
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Monday, June 16, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
Post Trail Mix cereal = Free with coupon
Kashi Honey Oat waffles = $2.12 (-$2 coupon)
Kraft dressing = Free with coupon
Taco seasoning = 2/$1.00 (-$.75 coupon)
Grand total = $.41
(and I also got a free travel size bottle of All laundry detergent at Target and had another coupon for $1 off Ortega that I used at Walmart for 2 more free taco seasonings!)So, you don't always need to have a CVS to find good stuff...