Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
"Yet it is just as important to trust God as it is to obey Him. When we disobey God we defy His authority and despise His holiness. But when we fail to trust God we doubt His sovereignty and question His goodness."
"In order to trust God, we must always view our adverse circumstances through the eyes of faith, not of sense."
"Rather than being offended over the Bible's assertion of God's sovereignty in both good and calamity, believers should be comforted by it. Whatever our particular calamity or adversity may be, we may be sure that our Father has a loving purpose in it"
"It was for Jesus in His humanity a calamity sufficient to cause Him to pray, 'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me' (Matthew 26:39) but He did not waver in His assertion of God's sovereign control."
"Jesus Himself affirmed God's sovereignty in calamity when Pilate said to Him, 'Don't you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?' Jesus replied, 'You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above' (John 19:10-11)"
I was hoping that the sermon entitled "Voices in the Chaos" from this past Sunday would be posted on our church website but it is not on there yet so I will post Part II when it is available for listening...
Monday, October 20, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
- The beautiful wedding on Santa Rosa Beach, of course! It was an absolutely picture-perfect wedding...
Bride & groom with Mom, Dad & Grandma
The kids having fun after the wedding - Caleb was covered in sand
The reception at the Hatmaker rental home
- The gorgeous house that Mom & Dad rented for the special weekend complete with an infinity pool that "dropped off" into the ocean. Just sitting in the house with all of the French doors open to the deck and the ocean breeze coming in was wonderful. The pictures don't do the house justice - I mean, it could have easily made it into a Better Homes & Gardens magazine...
- Being there with family to celebrate - Mom & Dad, my siblings, my niece and nephews, my grandma, great Aunt Wanda, aunt, uncle and cousin - some of whom we don't see very often - we are so glad all of you were there...
- The "extra" time Mike and I stayed on Sunday at Destin to enjoy the beach a little longer - we took about a 5-mile walk along the beach and then just relaxed trying to "soak in" as much of the beach as we could - ahhhh, priceless...
The view off our back deck
Mike in the "infinity" pool nearing sunset
Sorry, Keith, you were so busy being a photographer that I only have this funny one
Can we say that Caleb loved the sand & the water? - so cute to see him "reaching out" to the waves
- And, the adventure of our 1st Amtrak trip. (A little fun thing was that Mike's aunt & uncle waved and held up a sign "Hi, Mike and Jen" as we went by in Maryland - unfortunately we passed them so quickly the video didn't turn out very well.) We did get to see some great fall leaves in Eastern and Central PA on our way home as well. We enjoyed it and would do it again, although if I had the choice between taking the train or spending an extra 2-3 days on the beach...I'd pick the beach...
The sunrise on the 1st day of our vacation driving on I-80 in PA
The beautiful fall colors back in PA returning homeCongratulations, Jason & Kerby! This was a precious time for you both, but it was also a special memory for all of us!!!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Last year with Mike's nephews at the Corn Maze
- The vivid colors of fall foliage
- The rustling of the leaves and the sound of them crunching under your feet
- The smell of the fall leaves
- The cool brisk air
- Pulling out a sweater to wear that has been packed away
- Taking a hike on a trail to see the fall beauty like we used to do as a family growing up
- The smell and taste of apples
- The smell of concord grapes
- Getting cozy on the couch with a blanket
- Warm soups and hot drinks to warm you up
- The sound of the marching band at high school football games
- The warmth of the fall sun in the midst of the cooling air
- Pumpkin patches
- Hay rides
- The fall harvest
...what about you? What are your favorite things about this time of year?
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
For some reason, in the fall I think of cider and donuts (I am guessing because that was usually our treat for the Halloween party in elementary school).
- If you didn't already know, Hawkins marks down their donuts to 1/2 off after 6 pm (check your local grocer/bakery to see if they do something similar).
- Also, for another fall treat, Dunkin' Donuts is offering authentic lattes for only 99¢ weekdays from 2-5 p.m. Indulge in your favorite flavors like Mocha and Caramel. And for a limited time, sip up a spicy Pumpkin Latte. Offer ends 11/11/08. (see promo here)