Friday, January 21, 2011

Why did the turkey cross the road?

We got about 8 inches of snow overnight, so I was out earlier today shoveling the driveway and then this afternoon the plow finally came down our road again to clear the remaining snow. A little later in the afternoon I looked out our front window and saw these three turkeys. The sun had been shining and they were quite beautiful so I stood there for a bit watching these interesting creatures peck on a branch or two and stretch out their wings.
They were walking through the woods and I could see them struggling through the snow almost hopping because their legs weren't long enough to carry them above the top of the snow. A few minutes later they went up over the snow bank and walking down the road for awhile then back again into the snow on the other side. I had to chuckle because I thought that it appears that today's answer for the notorious quesion "Why did the turkey (chicken) cross the road?"
...Because the snow was too deep in the woods.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good answer...I'm gonna say its pretty accurate for this situation! :)

Nice pictures too! The sun was beautiful today. To look at through the window that is.

Dad said...

Great pictures. I enjoy taking pictures outside with the wildlife. Turkeys are known not to be too intelligent. he he he