Friday, December 17, 2010

A Time of Quietness and Preparation

My last post was called "Time Flies"...I guess that's true since it has been 2 months since that post! I had lots of things that I wanted to post about Fall, Thanksgiving, our weekend in Ashland (which we so very much enjoyed visiting with so many special people and also the hours of laughter), different craft projects that I've been working on (including a few Christmas gifts), recipes and money saving deals (there are always plenty of those). So, I'm sorry that I didn't get to share with everyone pictures and posts of those things. I hope to do better starting in the new year. I guess instead of trying to play "catch up" I'll consider that a blogging break and start new again soon.
I do want to wish everyone a blessed Christmas. We pray that you would be able to take time away from all of the things that easily consume us (especially this time of year) to center your thoughts and hearts on the truth of the Christmas story.
"All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel - which means, God with us." Matthew 1: 22, 23
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

kristine said...

I was praying for you guys yesterday, & just read this post today. May the Lord continue to give you the wisdom you all need for the work He has given you
Blessings
Kristine