Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thaw Out

The snow is melting this weekend and we have what feels like Spring with temperatures in the mid 40s. We got the ice cleared off of the front walk and driveway from where it drips down off the roof (putting up gutters is on our home improvement list for the Spring). We got both cars washed inside and out. I cut Mike's hair. The sun is shining and brightening the inside of the house as well. I enjoy each of the four season but it has been a long snowy winter and I am very grateful for the blue skies and warmer temperatures this weekend - what felt like the icy snow-covered Narnia for so long feels like the melting that came at the end of the movie now - it sure has put me in a happy mood. Spring is just around the corner...I think...and, spring cleaning will be a good thing...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I washed my car Friday after work...outside only...but I went to the car wash down the street...

Mom said...

Isn't it neat how much energy the sun gives you after a long, long winter!

Dad said...

They look awful shiny. Spring is the best. I like getting back outside to do things in the yard, etc. Not much of that today since I have to go to my LEAST FAVORITE PLACE the dentist. yuck!!!!!!!