Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Thankful Pumpkin

You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 118: 28, 29
---
Worship is not just about singing praises at church on Sunday mornings. It is giving God honor through "boughing low in reverance to Him"
...anytime, anywhere.
This is a little thing that Mike and I have done the last few years to try to focus on worshipping God in our home in the spirit of the fall season...
---
Starting around this time of year, leading up to Thanksgiving we take little slips of paper and write down different things that we are thankful for. Then around Thanksgiving, we take them out one-by-one and read them out loud and pray together, thanking God for all the blessings that he has given us.
---
Once I used fall-colored paper in a glass jar, another time we put the slips of paper in a "fall" decorated box. This year we are going to put them in this ceramic pumpkin that I have...so, it's our "thankful pumpkin."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the ceramic pumpkin?

Dad

Anonymous said...

I don't remember - maybe the grocery store a couple years ago.