Thursday, September 11, 2008

What do you see?

Head over Mike's blog, if you haven't already, for a video that will potentially change your perspective on how you view other people who cross your path...
On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
What is written in the Law?" he replied,
"How do you read it?" He answered:
"'Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind';
and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
"You have answered correctly, " Jesus replied.
"Do this and you will live."....
--------
Jesus then told the parable of the Good Samaritan and asked...
--------
...."Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of the robber?"
The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."
Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."
Luke 10:25-28, 36-37

"Pintos" by Bev Doolittle

I admit it is so easy for me to go about my daily business and look at what appears to be the obvious around me, and even make my own judgements from what I see. This video was a good reminder to keep my eyes fixed on Christ and to "put on the glasses" that will help me see the world through His eyes.
__________________

No comments: