Monday, August 25, 2008

Meal Planner Monday: Boneless Chicken Wings

It's official...football season is here...I've already heard the words "That's my fantasy player!"...so here's my contribution to the start of football season...
...something to eat while you watch the game...
Mike really likes wings, but they are so unhealthy, so I came up with a way to make them much healthier and I think they taste just as good...
DIRECTIONS:
Cut chicken breast into strips and begin cooking on stove top. Part way into cooking, cover lightly with your favorite wing sauce or hot sauce (We use the Buffalo Wild Wings Mild or Parmesan Garlic...we've tried the Lube's sauces but they are very unhealthy...BWW's Mild sauce only has 2.5 gms of fat per serving) and finish cooking.
You can use additional sauce or dip into ranch or blue cheese dressing when serving, if you like. Take a small serving of the chicken and an extra large side of celery and it turns out to be a rather healthy meal (and cheaper than traditional wings especially if you ordered them out).
Also, I usually make homemade oven fries with these.
Easy! (And Mike's happy too!)

No comments: