Thursday, May 27, 2010

Frugal Friday: Recent Deals & Recycled Ink Cartridges

I'm working on a few posts...it's seems like there is always something else to do lately...so here's a Frugal Friday post covering the last 3 weeks...
-
How did I get all of this for free at CVS - including the Noxema that was $4.99 (not on sale and no coupon)?
I started with $11 ECB...
#1
U by Kotex $4.99 - $1 manufacturer printable coupon - $1 CVS printable coupon
(2) Crest Pro $3.50 - (2) $.75 manufacturer coupons from newspaper
- $4 ECB
- $4 ECB
= $.49 paid and $7 and $4.99 in ECB from this purchase = $3.50 profit in ECB
-
#2
Schick Razor $8.99 - $5 manufacturer coupon from newspaper
(2) Right Guard Deodorant $2.49 - $3 off 2 printable coupon
Noxema $4.99
- $7 ECB
- $1 ECB
- $2 ECB
= $1.02 paid and $4 and $4 in ECB from this purchase
-
Final Total = I gained $1.99 in ECB and spent $1.51 in cash, so that's a $.48 profit and I came home with free Noxema (& other stuff)!!
-
Links to the printable coupons can be found here
Then, I got some Huggies diapers for $3.49 at CVS, these Rayovac 9V batteries made especially for smoke detectors for $.97 at Walmart, and free Bic pens at Walmart with this coupon.
-
Staples has been running deals on printer paper for around $1-$1.49 and one week had a 20-pack of AA batteries free after rebate again.
-
Last week at Aldi's I got a 12 pack of double roll recycled toilet paper marked down to $2.99.
-
This week the deals were slow...except for the CVS moneymaker Gillette Body Wash (which is advertised as Free after ECB but there is a BOGO coupon so it is a $4 moneymaker). Of course they were out, but no problem because I have a raincheck for it. By the way, I was told CVS rainchecks never expire.
-
Finally, on the topic of the "reduce, reuse, recycle," I am collecting our used ink cartridges for Staples rebates. Staples normally offers $3 for each recycled ink cartridge you bring in but I am waiting on the $6 rebate which they occassionally offer.

No comments: